Saturday, March 18, 2006

Healthy As A Horse, Sick As A Dog...

So, I got my results from my blood and urine. The doctor told me I am perfectly fine in every way...except for the excruciating pain in my gut. He is totally stumped. The good news is that my pain has subsided considerably over the last few days. I'm still feeling it, but I'm coping.

Today I spoke with my sister, Ladawn. She served her mission in the Philippines. When I told her about my symptoms she immediately had a solution. Many elder's she knew went through the same thing. "Sounds to me like you have an ameba."

Come to think of it, due to the floods of late, we have had an excess of standing water lately. I have had dinner at a questionable Chinese restaurant as well. To top it off, I had lunch at Taco Bell. Any one of the three had to be a veritable petrie dish of infestation.

Using my knack for optimism I immediately thought how great this could be. I should be losing weight like nothing else. With some help, my food will be getting digested by more than just me. When I want seconds, I don't have to think of the consequences. From now on, I'll be eating for two! I don't know what pregnant ladies complain about. I look forward to eating peanut butter and pickles with justification.

If an ameba is not the cause, then I am still at square one. I am almost ready to accept the tape worm solution just so I can understand why someone as "healthy" as me is so...well...not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey how are you feeling now? Are you even feeling any better at all? If not it might be an ulcerish issue.. just so you know the doctors over at the Health Center do not know what they are saying, they once told a friend of mine she had cancer when in actual she did not... so you might wanna just go and get it checked...

Rossie said...

"Eating for two" when pregnant is just an excuse to put on extra weight and not feel guilty. And peanut butter and pickles? Where's your imagination, man?

Though I am sorry that you're not well. I hope you are pain and disease/parasite free very soon.