Sunday, January 11, 2004

"Exercise is no walk in the park." - Jake Tanner

Yesterday in lunch I was talking with a preemy (before mission age) freshman Jake Tanner about my hard classes. This semester I have Discrete Math, which i can only assume they call it such since they found a subtle way to fail you. I also have Accounting. It's required for my IS major. I am taking classes for IS and CS so it's a double load. I cannot decide on which major.

Then I was contrasting that with his plan...take all easy classes and promptly fail, drop-out, or be freinds with the teacher to pass. His major is a joke, Exercise. That is a major? I guess I can see a physical trainer or something, but not just exercise. The only thing that will qualify you for is being a P.E. teacher where ironically you become the least healty person in a twenty mile radius.

As I was belittleing his chosen academic track, he was attempting to justify it. At lenght he gave up and replied as I have quoted above, "Hey, Exercise is no walk in the park."
To which I laughed and responded, "Yes, well, by the very nature if it, it would be. And the same is true the other way around."
"...You are not going to put this in your blog thing are you?"
"...Naa..."

No comments: