Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig...

Well, I'm back. Back in Arizona that is. Being here is almost surreal. I had a long and gruesome series of flights back home. I was offered $200 in flights from Delta for giving up a seat in Georgia for a flight. I took it. As a result, my luggage was lost AGAIN (shortly after I got it back). Luckily, I eventually found it in a glass case sitting to the side. If Lamb who picked me up at the airport hadn't seen it, I'd never know.

My fist night back was Sunday. I was tired. Lamb hung out with me at my house for a while and I looked through some of my sister's pictures. I went to bed at 10:30, but it felt like way past 2am. I woke up at 2am, and it felt like 10am. I forced myself to stay asleep (or in bed atleast) till 5am when I gave up and started cleaning my now over cluttered room thanks to my parents' and sister's storage need. I decided to go to my old station KFYI to say hi to my old friends and see what was new. I got there by 9am and before I left, I had TWO jobs!

I had already pre-arranged to get some small pickup hours at WestStar this summer. Seeing Barry had confirmed that. Then, just as soon as he said hi, Chirs, my former supervisor, had asked me to start work. I was working at both places the next day, and am writing this from KFYI right now, while working on the Rush Limbaugh Show.

I also enjoy seeing my family again. I saw Wendy and Rob's kids yesterday. I joined Connor for his first coach pich baseball practice. While sitting there on the bench with his father, the "team mom" comes up to us and asks,
"Are you Connor's parents?"

She was very accepting. We declined to go with the joke...

Being home is nice, but like I said, surreal. As much as I like it, it has occured to me that Arizona is no longer my home. I come here for a break, like a vacation spot, but it's just not my home anymore; it's where I'm from.

After I graduate, I have no idea what I will do or where I will go. If I do get married, then that will greatly effect my choice of locale. Also, I will likely go where the money is. I will apply to some stations in Hawaii. I also get the feeling that if I ever need it, I can find jobs here in Arizona without much effort.

For now, I sleep on storrage boxes and soak up what fun and memories I can while I can. And it is good...

No comments: