Monday, January 10, 2005

Homo...sapiens...

I am now going backwards in my education. When I came to school here in Hawaii, I started right away in my classes pertaining to my major. In other words, I bypassed all of the useles classes they only make you take so they generate more revenue.

Alas, now I am just about done with my real classes, and now I have to take many stupid time-waster classes. One such is Biology 100, which I have this semester. Today we learned all about the wonder world of Taxology, or the organization of classifying living things. The only species we have to memorize the full taxology for is our own, homosapiens. The instructor started with our kindom of "Animalia", and on down to the last two, which is "Homo" and "Sapien" respectively. When explaining what it means to be on type "Sapien" he said, "...and Sapien means that your are intelligent, thinking and most importantly, you enjoy Biology."

I leaned down the the person next to me and said, "I guess that means that I stop at being a 'Homo'...Hmm...There has to be a better way to say that."

No comments: