Friday, November 11, 2005

Menace...

"As to the single men, I need merely to repeat the admonition attributed to Brigham Young, 'Every man not married and over twenty-five is a menace to the community.' I asked Dr. Lyman Tyler yesterday if he would document this for me, but he said he had been trying to document it for years; he had given up, so you will have to accept it either on faith, or as apocryphal."
- (President Ernest L. Wilkinson: Commencement Exercises May 31, 1963 BYU Speeches of the Year, p.1)


As of today, I am now concidered to be a menace.

No danger at 26

I wore this shirt for the first time today. I though it would be ironic to wear it on this day. I was originally planning on saving it for the day that it would actually be true...I gave up on that.


26th B-day sign

This is the sign that was posted all over campus by my friend Erika. I'm not turning 25, but the sentiment was nice.



The truth is, I was menace since at least 23...

5 comments:

Shaleen said...

Well, you had a chance to change that status ya know!! LOL. ;-) Meh, age doesn't define menace, I've been a menace my whole life, I've just been good at giving off the appearance of an angel!! ^_^

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your mom would take issue with you...you started much earlier than 25

Anonymous said...

You're not going to blog the story about the guy in the urinal? I'm sure everybody would love to hear about it! I can't think of a better birthday present to receive....

Unknown said...

gosh man I know ya gettin old but didn't know that ya gettin that old. What a menace to society. HAHA. So I myself am turning 28 this coming May. Talk about being old, I am ancient.
So the girl, well long story, but will tell later hahaha..
cheers

Becky said...

If you are looking for someone to lift your menace title, I am totally here for you. Just look me up next time you are in Utah.