Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Toilet Talk...

I mentioned in my last post about my birthday and the signs that were posted around campus. I failed to mention the reaction I got from them. All week, well after my birthday, I have been wished a happy birthday by all sorts of people. Strangely, however, I have not been getting the hugs that the signs suggest should be given. One person came close.

On the night of my birthday I took a much needed restroom break. While standing at my urnial another guy walks in casually and bellies up to the porecelean next to me. We did the quick glance at eachother as if to say, "I'm aware of your presence, now let's not make eye contact again until we forget about being next to eachother in this awkward position."

A few seconds later he says to me (while looking at the wall straight ahead), "So...uh...happy birthday."

"Thanks. You must have seen the posters."

"Yup. (pause) You don't mind that I'm not going to give you that hug right now, do you?"

I was fine with that...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

heya.. now that is definitely interesting.. so, was he looking up or down... hehe.. JARED JARED... being all friendly..

Anonymous said...

eh... dont you get tons of them after all... what kind of hugs do you want, huh?

Shaleen said...

That is classic!

E.Marie said...

HAHAHAHA