Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wasted Genius...

At the risk of sure criticism, let me just say that I'm a genius. No, really. Not necessarily in spelling or math, but in my own way; like humor. In that respect I'm a regular Albert Einstein.

Case and point: A few weeks ago I was at the Guam Power Authority to pay my power bill. While waiting in line the power ironically goes out for a second. After a flicker or two, the power is restored. Bad power is common in a place like Guam, but happening at the head office of the suppliers is noteworthy. I leaned over to the guy next to me and said, "I guess they didn't pay their power bill."

He looked at me like I had said something to the extent of, "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." It was clear by his expression that he simply didn't get it. Awkwardness ensued.

Just my luck. A perfect set up, a timely and pithy reply and it falls on deaf ears. Thank goodness for the internet where at least you my precious few and faithful readers can bask in the glory of my comic genius...and humility.

2 comments:

The Hydes said...

As much as I hate to give you credit, that was fabulous!!! you posted it in 2007 and i'm still laughing about it!

Jared said...

A rare glimpse at a compliment from you! I'm printing this out and framing it!