Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bachelor...

Well, I'm sorry to say that once Anna got a hold her new green card, she left me.

Ok, I'm not going to make you think anything bad. I just wanted that reaction from you for a second. Yes, she did leave, though. It's been nearly 5 years since Anna has been home and now that she can leave and come back, she is going to.

On one hand, I'm glad for her. She deserves to go home and see her family and friends again. On the other hand, I miss her deeply. And it's only been one day so far. These next six weeks of bachelorhood are going to be long and hard.

As if by some sort of cosmic irony, something happened to my wedding ring at the same time.

Note to self: Beware of tungsten rings...



I guess I'm more of a bachelor than I thought I was joking about. And I have a missing wedding ring to prove it. Well, I didn't want to do this, but now that I'm a bachelor again, I guess I have to get back to my life of fun and frivolity. I will have to start eating copious amounts of Hot Pockets and Pop Tarts. And I'll be wanton of an ironed shirt.

It's a good thing this is only a six week separation. Any longer and I might end up looking like a mixture of Tom Arnold and Jack Black...with just a hint of Andy Richter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the heck happend to your ring? That looks really weird. How did it break in half?

Rob said...

Dude, That's a pretty clean break. I'm thinking that you felt trapped after speaking to those of us that married one of your sisters and cut it off! Not that I could blame you ;).