Friday, April 25, 2008

My Gypsy Feet...The Movie...

My mom says that my brother and I have gypsy feet. It's not meant as a negative statement against gypsies. It refers to the nomadic lifestyle that gypsies traditionally are associated with. Granted, I think that I have seen far more of the world than the typical ethnocentric American. But any travel of mine simply pales in comparison to my brother, Kris.

Since I was the age of 9, my brother has been in and out of my life. Usually I only saw him long enough for him to make a pit stop traveling. Not all of it is backpacking. Some is work and some is just every day life for him. I have heard only jots and tittles of his adventures. Just recently, he discovered a website called TravBuddy. It's like Blogger, but it's dedicated to travel blogs.

I have always thought that he should put together his life experiences and make a movie out of it. Now that I've read his travel blog, I know that's true. If I didn't know my brother as well as I do, I'd think he was making some of this up. It's just too amazing.

Kris has gone to all but a handful of the countries in the world and has some sort of comical or exciting story behind each one. My favorite thread on his blog is what he calls his "Long March." It's a rather long thread of posts, but it spans the most amazing two year trip that you could imagine. I've read a few posts a day and have to force myself to save some posts for later and get back to work.

If you are a movie producer looking for a story idea, check it out. It just keeps getting better the more you read. And if you are looking for a younger version of Kris to play the lead in the movie, I would be willing to offer my talents...

No comments: