Monday, June 07, 2004

I Didn't Start the Fire...

...nor can I take total credit for this post. I found these pics elsewhere to make this.

My mind has been turning to history quite a bit lately. There are a number of reasons. First, I have been taking a history class this semester, and now that I know so much more about the world and have international friends, it means much more. Then we have the recent passing of President Regan.

President

Also, the 60th anniversary of D-day has recently passed. With all of this, I am learning more of history and finding it interesting for once.

Little known fact about Billy Joel, he didn't first aspire to be a singer/songwriter. He wanted to teach history and loved doing it. He wrote this song becuase history means a great deal to him and as a result, he is making himself a part of it.

Click on this link to stream or download "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel. Listen to it as you follow along with the pictures.




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post!