Friday, December 10, 2004

A Moment Of Silence...

I have some bad news. I don’t like to have two sad or downer posts in a row, but I have to do this. Ladies and gentleman, I am afraid that we have to bow our heads and have a moment of silence for our dearly departed. It’s not my inner child. It’s not my dating life. It’s not even a living creature. I’m afraid that my beloved indoor car atrium known as “Buick Gardens” has met its untimely demise.

BYU-Hawaii Security has been on a recent rampage to make our campus look nice for our prophet Gordon B. Hinkley who is going to be here tomorrow. Part of this is towing an abandoned or derelict vehicle from the parking lot. My car was apparently on the list. Right next to my car were two other cars that were missing wheels and other vital parts. Why were they not towed first? My car actually ran fine. All it needed was a carburetor. I never found one.

Why did they have to take mine!? Why?! It isn't fair! It isn't fair! Take me instead! Leave the car alone and take me!

At first I was in denial, I swore it was just moved. I kept looking for it. Then I was angry. I wanted the heads of our campus security. I was later depressed. I needed some lovin' and nothing could console me. I then had ultimate acceptance. I suppose it was just my car's time to go.

I will never forget the times we shared.

Buick Gardens (2004 - September)

The car atrium in it’s early stages



Buick Gardens (2004 - Nov - 19)

The last pic I ever got of my beloved Buick Gardens



Rest In Peace
Buick Gardens
1987-2004

“We sat in you.
We rode in you.
We wasted a lot of money on you.
Mostly, we loved you.”

No comments: