Sunday, December 19, 2004

Smotherd By Love...

Well, here I am. Home again, Home again, Jiggidy Jig.

The whole time I've been back I have not really been very bored at all. In a way that means that I am failing. I promised myself that my main goal this whole break was to make sure I got good an bored so that when I got back to school in Hawaii I would be so eager to do stuff again I would explode without any homework to do. I don't think it's gonna work.

The first day I was home I realized it was only 7am when I arrived and I had only an hour or 2 of "airplane sleep" which we all know is no good. I couldn't sleep for some reason. So, instead I reformatted my parents computer and reinstalled windows xp pro, got all the updates and customized the profiles for all three of us. The next day I took my dad's old raggady ann stereo out. I gave up on ever getting enough room to put up my movie room again. Even my current bedroom is so crammed with my parents crud I had to clear a hole to sleep in and have not had room to unpack. I don't want to spend any time in there at all if it isn't for my precious water bed. Therefore, I replaced his rusted tin excuse for a stereo and put mine in. I rewired it all. My dad had some sort of configuration back there that reminded me of that scene in Superman III where the ugly sister of Lex Luther got swallowed up by the wires of that super computer and became some robotic freak. It's better now.

I have not been spending too much time at home. I have divided my time out amoung all those around me. This has been disputed by some though. While at my sister Wendy's for dinner one night my sister Ladawn claimed that they were hogging me and weren't sharing. The very next day my mom called Wendy and accused her of the very same thing. Should I spend more time with my pet cat Buska, I think we'd have a lynch squad. Still it's nice to know that my services are requested by all around me. Let me give you an idea of how I am trying to divide myself evenly this season.

  • My sister Ladawn had me for temple lights and to go see Santa with her kids.
  • Then I spent the night with Wendy and her kids, then went on a ride along with my Chandler Police officer Brother-in-law Rob. I will have to dedicate a seperate blog to that later.
  • I aslo spent one night hanging out with my friend and ex-companion Lamb.
  • One day with by long time best friend John Kerley had been done so far.
  • This Tuesday I'm going to lunch and a movie with my parents and some friends of thiers.
  • Wednessday I will have dinner and fun with my other brother-in-law's brother. It's a long story of how we are friends, but you get the idea.
  • This Thursday I'm off to Mexico for a day to give poor kids our left over lima beans which were probably picked and canned by them anyway.
  • Saturday, Christmas I'm off to St. George for a few days to see some family and friends.


I don't know what else I have planned, but as you can see, I definatly have enough planned to keep me all too busy for this Christmas season. I might actaully have to go back to school just to get some alone time. Although to be honest, I think I get enough alone time and this time with my family and friends is really just what I needed. The cost of comming home has been $200 a week just for air fare, but has been money well spent. I guess it's not that selfish to buy yourself something nice for Christmas...

No comments: