Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Gift Horse Had A Dirty Mouth...

This morning one of my housemates woke me up to inform me that my landlady had a turkey dinner prepared for all of the guys in the house. It was barely 9am, how was that dinner?

I went downstairs in a daze to find what I expected: a pot of rice and dried up turkey and stale potatoes in tupperware. On the surface it appeared to be a very generous offering. Upon further inspection and mastication I came to the realization that our landlady had simply had too much leftover Thanksgiving food and didn't want to throw it away. We were being fed handfuls of 3 week old meat and starch masked with warm gravy and rice. Sadly, we devoured it up like it was to be our last meal. If the rumors of bacteria in old leftovers are true, then it might just be...

Thanks?

3 comments:

Rossie said...

You ate it?!?!?!

Men are such idiots.

Might I suggest you plan to make a trip to an emergency room? If you're not sick as a dog...consider yourself very, very blessed.

E.Marie said...

I agree with rossie.

Su Chong said...

I think 3 week old meat is the best meat in the world!! How do you think we Asians stay tiny like we are?!