Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Frequent Flyer...

So, I've been busy trying to finalize my last few days here in Hawaii. You never realize just how much stuff you have until you start to move it around.

I was thinking about how much travel I have ahead of me. It's fair to say that I'll be eating a lot of airplane peanuts and watching movies that didn't do well in the theaters. (Well, airlines don't offer peanuts because of the 6 people in the world that peanuts kill, but you get the idea.)

  • In one week: I'll be in Sydney, Australia
  • In two weeks: I'll be in Kona, Hawaii
  • In three weeks: I'll be in Mesa, Arizona
  • In four weeks: I'll be in Tamuning, Guam
  • In five weeks: I'll be insane.


Phew! Don't get me wrong, I like traveling and all. But that is quite an itinerary. You'll never guess which airline I'm taking from Honolulu to Sydney and back. Air Canada. Who knew?

And I didn't even start to mention all of the travel within Micronesia that I'll do. I'm glad I'm going to Micronesia and not Macronesia. I don't think my biological clock could take it. I'm sure I'll have frequent flier miles coming out of my ears.

My sister and brother-in-law and I went to Washington D.C. together last year. We both originally planned out trips separately, but since we were going at the same time, we decided to go together. Just before I bought my tickets, my sister called and told me to save my money. She said that her husband had extra frequent flyer miles and they'd give them to me. It was a gift horse; I didn't look in the mouth. As soon as I told them about my new job in Guam, the first thing my sister told me was that they were expecting me to give them my frequent flyer miles to replace the ones they gave me for D.C. I didn't complain. After all, I'm planning on asking for the Christmas gifts I gave them back. I guess that's the way we do it in our family...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as you like to travel I think after all that you will be glad to be on ground for awhile. I just got back from a girls trip to New York! It was fun but even that flight to and from has me glad I'm not going anywhere to far away for awhile. Traveling is so tiring. It's a good thing you are single though. Dragging kids along on all these trips would be enough to drive you insane way before week five! Keep in touch and keep us posted on everything!