Saturday, June 10, 2006

With Great Honor...

IS Dept and Grads

IS Department and Graduates



The direct translation of Magna Cum Laude is actually "with great praise," but the intent is to mean "with great honor." And that is what I will be graduating with. Unfortunately, I only get the certificate. There will be no special tassel or addition to my robe for it. I guess I'll have to paint a smiley face on the top of my hat or something to stand out at graduation.

Tonight we had a banquet for all of the graduating School Of Computing students. Each student in attendance was introduced and a bit about them was told. Since there were not that many in attendance, it was not too overwhelming.

I never received an email that asked me to tell a bit about myself, so Don Colton (the IS chair) had to wing it. He said some nice things about me. I think it went well. He did leave out the fact that I was his favorite student, but I'll let that slide.

It's all getting very real now. The past few weeks have been coming upon me fast. Before I know it, it will all be a memory. As much as I had moments where I wanted nothing more than to leave, I know I will miss it here.

There is one thing I won't miss. The grades. Only Magna Cum Laude? What about Summa Cum Laude? I want to be "with highest honor." If it wasn't for the stupid "A-" I'd have a much higher GPA. Pfft. For that, I'm leaving as of this month and never spending another dollar on tuition here again.

Accepting Award

Accepting Award

3 comments:

Rossie said...

Congratulations!

E.Marie said...

almost done... Now thats no fair... well I suppose it is. You have been there much longer then me.
CANGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go you smarty pants! You are such a good guy!