Monday, January 15, 2007

Not That Bad...

After Anna had been on island for about one week she seemed to be into the groove of our new married life. One day, as we were getting into the car and I was opening the door for her, she volunteered her feelings on the nature of being married to me quite austerely:

"Not that bad..."

So that was the sum of our married life so far, "Not that bad." It could be worse, but still, not the most sterling review for a husband. At least she didn't use these other exciting endorsements:

  • It could be worse...
  • Better than bad...
  • At least you don't beat me...
  • I'd rather be married to you than bitten by a poisonous viper...
  • Sure beats the life of Job...
  • I'm so in love in like indifferent with you...
  • You could have lost the coin toss, you know...
  • Now all I need is a wife...
  • I'm almost glad that I didn't put myself on that Mail Order Bride catalog...
  • Who are you again...?


Maybe short of a David Letterman's Top Ten, but hey, not bad either, eh? So, looking at the glass as half full of Anna's favorite corn water (yes, yes; it's a long story), then I will have to say that she's mildly pleased. I'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are a great husband. I'm impressed that you open the door for her. I thought that stopped once you got married. Oh wait...that stopped once I insisted on doing ALL of the driving! It would be weird for the passenger to open the drivers door huh? Keep up the good work!