Thursday, January 31, 2008

Computa Crackahs Be Dangerous...

I subscribe to a Word of the Day list from Whatis.com, a computer geek site. Today's word was "Rootkit." Although I knew what a rootkit was, I was sure surprised by some info in this one.

"A rootkit is a collection of tools (programs) that enable administrator-level access to a computer or computer network. Typically, a cracker installs a rootkit on a computer after first obtaining user-level access..."


What?! Did I read that right? Crackers such as myself install rooktits? I know that statistically Caucasians are more likely to be involved in this, but really, I don't think this is any reason to bring race into the matter.

What's next?

"Typically, a Russkie sends a phishing attack to rob you blind..."

2 comments:

The Hydes said...

well my friend, if anyone qualifies as a cracker, it would be you!

Jared said...

Good comeback...