Monday, December 29, 2008

Passed...

The time between Christmas and New Years in our house was almost more jolly than the holidays themselves. Anna has been hard at work (some days harder than others) at getting her CPA certification. Her first exam did not go well, and she didn't pass. Her second exam went better and she passed. Over a month ago she re-took the first failed test. For some odd reason the scoring process takes forever and she must wait for her results to come via snail mail to find out if she passed. She was anticipating her results much more than any Christmas gift I could ever give her.

As this fiscal year came to an end, I realized I had unused educational budget. I decided it was time to increase my marketability and get another certification. Since I first got the A+ hardware certification years ago, the course has changed significantly. I figured might as well fully complete it with the new objective. Due to the shortness of the remaining year I had to take the test with a couple weeks notice. I crammed like there was no tomorrow and today I took and passed the test, with a 840 out of 900!

This same day Anna finally found out her results and she passed her test as well! Needless to say, there was much rejoicing in the Bodine household. We ate at a Korean restaurant of Anna's choice and enjoyed a nice night together at home.

This morning we awoke with the grim realization that she passed but two of the four CPA tests, and I only one of my two. D'oh! Well, here's to milestones anyway!

No comments: