Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's A Girl! ...I Think...

World, meet Maia Lani Bodine!

Today we had our first ultrasound. My parents came to visit for Christmas so we scheduled the ultrasound so they could be there.

The tech was reluctant to confirm the gender, but we had a good spread eagle shot between the legs and there was nothing there. So, this whole time we've been calling the baby "Benji." My mom suggested since it was a girl we just alter the existing name to a girl's name; Benjina (pronounced Ben-jai-na). And so we have decided to switch to "Maia." I think Anna and I will leave the naming up to ourselves.

We couldn't be any happier, boy or girl. It was an early Christmas for us when we got to meet this little girl...


2 comments:

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Fun! Congrats! I always liked the ultrasound part. It's fun.

Allison said...

She is the cutest thing ever!!