Wednesday, October 22, 2003

God bless America. My home sweet home!

I live in a third world country. I know, I know, "But Jared, Hawaii is part of the U.S." Ya, I don't think so. You ask most hawaiians and they dont say they are american, they are Hawaiian, and proud of it. If you ever see a Hawaiian flag flying upside down, that means "Hawaiian Sovergnty". They want thier own kindom again. Not gonna happen. So, to reiterate, yes, I am in a different country, a third world country.

One tell-tale sign is random stray animals crawling around you living quarters. Last week, i was on my way home after a riggerous day at the computer (many actaully). As i come to my door, I see a chicken standing there, looking as scared as the full time chef for Roseanne Bar. I stop in my tracks in hopes that it will chose to go out of my house, and not further in. This almost never works. The bugger is too afraid of you. But this time was different. There was something more intimidating than me on the other side. It slowly decided that I was the lesser of 2 evils and ran closer to me and out to the bushes. What could have been so vile and terrifying that it would chose the face of death before it? A second later, I had my answer...
Filipinos. The came running past me, yelling as they did so, "Don't let it go. That's gonna be our lunch!"

The next day, I was in my room when I heard the distinct sound of a chicken struggling for its life. If i had a dime for every time i heard a living creature sturgle for life at my hands...
It might have been the same chicken, but this one was traped in our lounge, and my roommate was chasing it around. It took a few min and feathers to get it, but it finally went. That happens too easily.

Yesterday, I was in the Hale office when i saw some thing run by. A few min again i saw it go agian. After a third time i guessed it was time to investigate. Sure enough, a Mongoose was stuck in our Hale lounge. It took some tricky work and strategic door closing, but i chased it out.

Last semester, I was in the Hale lounge having family home evening. While someone was crying in a testimony I felt a drop of something in my hair. It felt like a thimble of water. I looked around, no one there would dare to that in that kind of enviroment. Who could that have been? I then decided to look up. It was infact, a gecko. It had just dispelled waste on my head, while in my suit. I tilted my head to the side and an orange round ball rolled off. I asume some sort of egg or owl pellet kind of matter. Ya, how for joy!

I could go on, but I will spare you. This was only the livestock reason why I live in third world enviroment. Maybe when i have more free time, i can go into the living condition examples...

No comments: