Monday, August 23, 2004

Checkpoint Kulanui...

"We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield."


- "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar


In sunday school today the girl instructing us was performing the typical lessson with all the typical questions. One example is, "What are some charecteristics of the Strippling Warriors?" Followed by writing down on the chalkboard what was yelled out, i.e. "faith", "courrage", "loving mothers", etc.

JD and I were having trouble keeping awake, not just becuase of the lesson's redundancy, but also due to the fact that church starts for me at 8am for a second year in a row. To keep awake he was answering questions, I was playing on my phone.

One question we've heard before was thrown out, "What are some battles we are fighting today?"

JD replied, "How about dating?"

Then I had a sad realization. I shared it with JD. "For me, it's more like a cold war..."

No comments: