Sunday, June 19, 2005

Employee Of The Year...

Just the other day I was invited to a free luncheon. I usually attend as many of these as I can since I like to avoid campus's much applauded caf whenever possible. I was, however, in Washington D.C. during the meal. The luncheon was for the Employee of the Year award for BYU-H. Guess who won. Go ahead and guess. Well, since I am mentioning this in my blog you probably guessed it. ME!!!

I got an email from my direct boss, Bro. Tim Stanley, informing me that, "The lunch was nice (Beef Wellington) and they had a lei for you. I said a lot of nice things about you. The certificate I have for you says
"Brigham Young University-Hawaii, Student Employee of the Year 2004-2005.

Thank you for the great contribution you make to the University as an I.S. System Consoltant (I believe the typo is on the certificate that was printed by the guy obviously NOT employee of the year) Supervisor for the School of Computing."
...You also have a check for $50.00 I think Bro Ellis (boss above Stanley) would like to present this stuff to you in a faculty meeting when you get back, so you can get some glory."

Wow. How cool is that?!

I hate to boast *he snickers* but that is one more thing to add to the resume. Please add your applause and adoration.

3 comments:

Fei said...

Haha, wouldn't it have been funny if you were in the running against yourself for that award? One for the R.A. job and the other for this one?

Oooh. Busted! lol. But those days are past and gone.

Congratulations!

E.Marie said...

Good job Hard worker feeling pretty secial arent ya. well on to things.

Davey From The Block said...

Beth,

You need to call me. Seriously. We have been in Utah for 2 months!

-Dave