Monday, June 20, 2005

Sick, Sad World...

I found the following article through The Drudge Report two weeks ago, but since I was busy with work and travel I had to sit on it for a while. I am sorry it took this long, but outdated or not, I couldn't let this one slip by without a mention.
Teen Gets Life Sentence For Helping friend End Pregnancy

19-Year-Old Stepped On Stomach While Punched Self



Gerardo Flores was accused of causing the miscarriage by stepping on his friend's stomach. He was prosecuted under the state's new fetal protection law.

Erica Basoria acknowledged asking Flores to help end her pregnancy. But the 17-year-old can't be prosecuted because of her legal right to abortion.

The defense contended that Basoria punched herself while Flores was stepping on her, making it impossible to tell who killed the twins.

The jury reached a verdict after deliberating four hours. Because prosecutors declined to seek the penalty in the case, Flores received the automatic life sentence.

©2005 by The Associated Press


Do I even have to explain what is wrong with this? Many people could read this and have a different conclusion. Some might say that this guy shouldn't get the life penalty since it was nothing more than assisting with an abortion. Some would say that say that it is their business and we should not get involved. I find it hard to condem people to death (not that this guy doesn't deserve it), but why should this bum die for this act while the mother with all of her "motherly instinct" asked him to do it and even punched herself to assist him?!

I say that she is worse than him. She gets off because she has a RIGHT to murder as a mother but he is doing something wrong? This makes me sick. If this woman was in front of me right now I think I would slap her, regardless of the consequences. Well, I don't know if I would carry though with a threat like that, but she deserves that and more. Am I the only one that finds this so offensive?

1 comment:

Shaleen said...

No, you're not. It's disgusting.