Sunday, October 30, 2005

G.I. Jared...

Halloween is on a Monday this year. It's almost as bad as Sunday. On Monday one can't have any activities on campus. It must be Family Home Evening or quiet sedation...or both. For that reason, we all celebrated Halloween this weekend instead.

I have a thing about Halloween costumes. I don't want just every day mediocre things. I want ones that people will remember. Sometimes, money and time dictate my costume more than I would like. Some day I would love to get together a good Batman suit together, but until I can get together a good enough one, I am just going to let it wait.

This year, my budget was the major issue. For the cost of three cans of paint and some cheap toys I managed to pull off one the best costumes I have ever had.


2002:
Jerrard
Jerrard. A black version of me.


2003:
Zorro
El Zorro


2004:
Getting’ it on with Alexis
Some fat golfer dude


2005:

2005 Halloween - Hair and hands
Just after Carrera sprayed my hair and hands. I couldn't touch a thing for at least an hour.

2005 Halloween - Getting there
This one took a long time to put together.

2005 Halloween - The whole look
You have to admit, the final look is very effective.

2005 Halloween - With Mom Therese
I loved posing like an actual toy.

2005 Halloween - Friend posing with me.
Me with my skunk of a friend, Shem.

2005 Halloween - Missionary Encounter
Even killing machines need the gospel.



It took a very long shower and hours of scrubbing to get back to mostly normal. I am thinking that I should yet again dress up for Monday since it is Halloween and all, but I just don't know if I have the energy to do it all again. I'm sure that my friend Carrera (who did a very substantial part of the work to make this costume happen) would be even less willing to spend her time on my outfit.

What do I have in store for next year? I have a great idea but I am hesitant to say it for fear of it being stolen. Also, if I tell everyone then it will not be much of a surprise when I get around to making it. On the other hand, I know that I could very well forget it if I don't put it down.

Ok, I'll tell you, but you must promise to NEVER seal my idea. I want to buy one of those outfits that dancers wear that is flesh toned; making you think the guy is naked. Then I want to cut out a circle from a shower door. The kind that is sort of see through, but you can't see anything clearly through it. I will hang it around my waste and cover up my...um...you-know-what area. It will be a guy who is naked, but centered. I have a feeling I'd get actually censored if I tried that one on this campus, so it will have to wait till after I graduate. But maybe I will not wait and do it for my graduation walk...hm. Now THAT is something that everyone will remember and no one will copy.

3 comments:

Rossie said...

Sigh... Halloween sounds like so much fun. We don't do it here in Australia. What's with grossing everyone out though? I saw jelly moulds of the human brain, heart and eyeballs online the other day, and a friend emailed me a recipe for a cake that looks exactly like a used cat litter tray... disgusting. (My sister made it for Mum's birthday instead.) It's not fair. I want a holiday where I can dress up and scare people :(

Jared said...

Well, Australia is just a giant island of England's throw away criminals. Isn't that scary enough? You could call it "Giant Isle of the Proper Damned" or something cool like that. I'm getting chills just thinking about it...

Rossie said...

Pfft, you get used to the flagrant disregard for law and lack of respect for your car/dvd player/general health and safety, but I want some crime in costume, darn it! How much more fun would it be if for one night, we all broke into each other's houses dressed as pirates and zombies? :p