Friday, August 18, 2006

Bonnie Stomping...

Here in Guam, one of the big weekend activities that is a must do is bonnie stomping. The laymen's explanation is that it's tromping through the jungle. Guam may be a realitivly small island, but there is no shortage of places to bonnie stomp.

I don't have much to say from my recent foray into boonie stomping, but I do have pictures to make you jealous. Our trip started as a boonie stomp in the jungle. Along the way, spiders were everywhere! I took a picture of the canopy of spider webs we had to crawl under and, sometimes, through.

Spider Celing



But then turned into a cave splunking expidition.

Behind me is a hole that leads to more cave



This part was too much for West and I



The best part was the cave pond that we found.





The water was only cold for a short second. Then it was wonderful. And it was the clearest and most pure water I have ever been in! I could have swam in it all day. The elders were not allowed to go swimming, so I did it for them...but they did say it was ok to get in far enough for these two pictures:




I bet thier mission president would disagree...

Every week I am finding one new adventure or another to conqure here on Guam. It's good stuff. I also am getting into scuba diving and will be posting pictures of that soon.

For now, just try to be jealous of me. That's really all I need to make me happy!

2 comments:

Rossie said...

I'll bite. I'm jealous. I can live without the jungle/spiders/scary caves, but the water! Looks beautiful.

Jared said...

Mmmmm....Guano....