Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Losing Weight, Not Complaint...

Today is a day of mixed blessings. Long story short, my pants kept falling off all day.

Since I started WiiFit, I have now lost over 20 lbs. And with that came an inch or two off my belly. I do like that, but with that comes the need for new clothes. I hate having to buy new clothes, even if it is because of a good thing.

Today at work, I had a "sweaty day." Every so often, I have a day where that I call a "sweaty day." Yeah, it's pretty self explanatory. Most people who work in my office sit at desk jobs, so they don't mind the white shirt and tie so much. And those who have physical labor duties get to wear church t-shirts. I fall into that slim majority that does quite a bit of crawling on floors and whatnot but still is required to wear church clothes while I do it.

Sweaty days like today usually involve a lot of walking around, and often with my arms full of computer stuff, cables, parts and my trusty Leatherman on my belt. With my arms full, my belt loose and my Leatherman weighing it down, you can imagine how that went. I had to wear my mesh see-through garments that day, didn't I?

Half way through the day I couldn't take it any more. I went to a close-by office supply shop, took off my belt right in front of them and asked them if they could punch a new hole in my belt - and in the "I'm getting skinnier" direction. I had them punch in a few, and it's a good thing. I'm already using the second new hole in. At the rate I'm going, my belt will wrap around to the middle of my back by the summer. I just got that belt 9 months ago... *sigh*

When I was 19 and about to go serve my mission, my mom got me pure white pants for the temple or to baptize people in. She knew I'd gain weight, so she got a gargantuan one. It never fit me my whole mission. I thought I'd never use it, then, this last year, it was just starting to fit, and now, back to being a tent.

I know what you are thinking right about now. "He just lost some weight and he still can only find things to complain about." And you are right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared
I stumbled across your blog on LDS BLOGS. I thought you mighe be interested in a site my wife and I just built called MormonsMadeSimple.com, which uses simple, explanatory videos to explain the Mormon faith. Feel free to feature any of these videos on your blog, or just share them with non-member friends. We're hoping these videos will be missionary tools to help members share their beliefs. Anyway, sorry to spam your comments section. I couldn't find any contact information for you on your blog.

- Doug & Laurel