Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Eyes of the Beholder...

I think one of the things I liked best about Anna when we were dating is that she thought I was cute. I'll be the first to admit that I'm no Brad Pitt. So when a girl thinks I'm cute, she's a keeper.

But, alas, I gained weight once I got married and when you live with someone and see them first thing in the morning you really start to see the flaws. Anna's never been rude to me, but I think it's fair to say she has found me a bit less attractive than when we were dating. And I don't blame her. Anna on the other hand is still just as beautiful as the day we we met.

Something odd has been happening in the last month or so. Sometimes, just out of the blue, she'll look over at me and say, "Oh, you are just soo cute right now." It is truly sincere. I try to be coy but am secretly thrilled to hear it.

I have been using WiiFit a bit lately and have lost 15 lbs, but I doubt that's what changed. Rather than look a gift horse in the mouth, I tried to just happily accepted this. But, being the pessimist that I am, I couldn't let it sit. What is going on?

I finally and sadly figured it out. Also a month or so ago Anna has been complaining about her glasses. Her eye sight has been changing and her prescription glasses are insufficient now. She can't see anything further than 3 feet away clearly. And come to think of it, I have noticed she comments on my cuteness when I am across the room.

So now the quandary is whether or not to get her new glasses. I have a feeling that the "new and improved" Jared will disappear when the "new and acute" glasses appear.

*Sigh*

I think we'll have to get her new glasses. After all, she does drive. But we will have a new house rule. When Anna is home, she must wear her old glasses. Or better yet, none at all.

No comments: