Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009...

Just because you don't have kids does not mean you cannot have Easter fun. We didn't really do much, however. We stayed home all day. We watched conference in the morning and slept in the early afternoon.

When we got up we boiled 6 eggs and began to create. Well, ok, I have to admit that we were not very creative this year. It was very low on the creativity scale when compared to previous years. But we had fun.

The only problem with making these eggs is that Anna won't eat them. The coloring seeps through the shell and slightly colors the egg below. It has never bothered me, or anyone else that I know. But Anna just can't bring herself to eat them once they are stained. Which means for the next week or two, I have to be creative and find ways to eat hard boiled eggs. Are there others who go to all that effort to make eggs but won't eat them because of the color?

It may take extra work, but I try to make sure I use every egg we make. I don't want to end up doing what we did once in my childhood home. My parents hid candy and real hard boiled Easter eggs around the house. The kids then scoured the place looking for hidden goodies. We found them all, except the one behind the couch. We did later find it - the following year on Easter. I don't remember how we determined it was a year old, but I'm pretty sure it involved a very disappointed and disgusted kid expecting something else.


Easter 09 All

Our collection of simple Easter Eggs this year.



Easter 09 Shrek

We bought a Shrek pack to make it easier for us to have nice looking eggs with minimal effort. Also, it was on sale last April for $1 and have been holding onto it for a year.

I make Shrek, Anna made the other two and she is very proud of her Fiona.



Easter 09 Others

The left is a "school teacher" style. The center is, well, what it is. The right one is Anna's "Ocean View" featuring the sun, a dolphin, air balloon and sailboat; all on a different scale.

No comments: