Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Diving in Costa Rica...

Today we split into groups. Most of the group went on a day trip to Nicaragua to see some poverty. Anna wanted to take it easy and play tourist at the pool. I went scuba diving.

This was my first time diving in a wetsuit. It was uncomfortable, but not a big deal. I wasn't sure what I'd expect, but I really enjoyed this dive; probably two of my favorite.

The boat took us out by this small island that resembles a monkey head looking out to sea.
Monkey Head

Monkey Head



We hit the water only long enough to snap off a shot of myself before we saw a wreck.

Shaka

Wreck

Just then, a few sharks suddenly surrounded us.

Sharks!

Sharks!



Next thing we knew, they were gone again. As we were swimming along, we saw a beautiful Eagle Ray.



And the sea life kept coming.

Starfish

Eel

Mystery Urchin

Mystery Urchin



We surfaced after an hour below and took a break above. Then, back down for more.

The first thing we saw on the second dive was a few deadly sea snakes. Our guide almost touched one by accident swimming by.

Sea Snake

Sand Ray

Sand Ray



Sea Horse

The biggest sea horse I've ever seen. It was about 6 inches tall.



Just as we were about to end the dive we saw a lone sea turtle. It was like he was posing for me.

Sea Turtle



This was also my first time diving with my good camera in a real dive case. And I'm glad I did. I was able to make a great diving video with all the footage. Normally, this is where I'd put an embedded video from my YouTube account up, but I used too many copyright protected songs and I'm getting tired of having my videos muted. If you want a copy, you'll have to contact me directly.

Anyway, the dive was only till lunch. I met back up with Anna and played tourist with her for the rest of the day. Something about diving always takes the energy right out of me. I slept sound again, ready for the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have great collection of good photos,
The 4th one is beautiful....
___________________
Vince
Email Marketing Solutions