Thursday, July 09, 2009

Zipline and Horseride...

The one activity I was most looking forward to most on this trip was the zipline. And today was the day. Rather than just zipline alone, we did a package tour including horseback riding, hot and cold springs and a tour of Liberia (not to be confused with the Liberia in Africa).

We loaded up in the bus and were off for the day.

Bus

Once we arrived at the tour company's complex we began with the zipline thus sparing me the anticipation.

Family Zipline

Anna Zipping

Even when hanging on for dear life, Anna always knows to pose.



Lacey Zipping



The thrill factor is raised more after you get a look of what the cable is supported by. It's best not to think about it.

Zipline Support

After the excitement we started to calm things down with a relaxing horseback ride.

Jared horse riding

I've ridden horses growing up so it was easy for me; most of my family as well.



Anna and Jared on Horses

Anna was a bit less ready for it.



Family Riding Horses

Jared and Anna Riding Horses



Rob took it the worst. He was bouncing up and down in that saddle so much he was rubbed raw by the end. And our "relaxing ride" ended up being a fast-paced romp. Wendy's horse in the lead wanted to run, and it did. Wendy was comfortable enough riding so she didn't feel the need to stop it. The other horses wanted to follow suit. In some parts we were on a dead run. It was too much to film it and safely ride, so I didn't get any footage of it, making it look like a casual cruise in the pictures and video.

The hot springs were fine, but nothing compared to the last activity's hot springs. And the cold springs were WAY too cold, so we just dipped in and out. After lunch we were dropped off in Liberia to walk around. I had my GPS with me and decided to go for a nearby geocache since I was so close. Alas, I didn't find it, and had to move on with nothing but a picture of me trying...

Cache Fail

After that defeat Anna and I walked around Liberia.

Liberia

Statue

Fast Food

We have Burger King in Guam, but we don't have ANY of the others that are shown here. That's sad when a second world country has better fast food choices than you...



Following the tour we returned to the resort for dinner, fearing the worst. We were treated to an Italian theme. This was the first time I've walked away from that buffet actual wishing I could eat more.

No comments: