Friday, July 10, 2009

Playing the Tourist...

We purposely had no plans for this day so we could lounge around and enjoy the resort. As Anna puts it, she wants to play the tourist as much as possible. But, this resort wasn’t all we hoped it would be, so I wanted to do more activities. I tried to get anybody in our group to go with me. White water rafting and ziplining were the two things I pushed the most, but nobody bit. So, I just accepted my fate and made the most of the day at the pool.

At 2-ish the group met together for free scuba diving lessons we signed up for. Then we found out that the staff messed up all of our arrangements which we confirmed 3 times. So, long story short, it never happened. We went to Plan B which was the sail boats. They would not let us take them out because they insisted it wasn’t windy enough. Ok, so on to Plan C, which was scatter and do your own thing. Except for the Scotfords we all went kayaking for a bit since we were already at the docks.

After sitting around the pools all day we met up at 6:30 for dinner at the Mexican restaurant. It was weird. I knew that they would have a slightly different view of Mexican food than we did, but I couldn’t even tell what we had ordered. The Chalupas were really Tostadas and the Encheladas were really Quesedillas. I ordered what I thought was a Chimichanga and ended up being a sort of stew. It was so dark in there, we could hardly see each other, which is probably why it seemed like the help couldn’t see us either. After I passed on my meal which was nothing like it was described in the menu, we made our way to the deserts only to be turned back around with no explanation. A minute later they came out with a cheese cake and a single candle in it. They asked who Stephanie was so they could sing happy birthday to her. We almost couldn’t convince them that there was no Stephanie in our group. They were about to sing to my mom anyway. Eventually they believed us and we were then allowed to go back to the desert bar.

We got back to our rooms and packed up in anticipation of leaving the next morning.

No comments: