Wednesday, November 12, 2003

"You see, George, you really have had a wonderful life." - Clarence the Angel in It's a Wonderful Life

My day was lackluster at best to begin with. But when you are at bottom, you can only go up. It went up.
After I worked, i spoke with my friend who was mad at me. We got the whole thing straightened out. Water under the bridge now. I went to a bit of class, then I went to play racketball with some freinds. John beat me, but i beat Jake 2 out of three. the third was only a half game, so i feel good about it. Then we had a meeting, Mom was nice about it.
I went to dinner and after Jake paid for me to have a ton of games of DDRMax (the dancing game that i am now addicted to) for my B-day. Shem played with it. I had the best games of my life. It was killer.
then i went to take a test which i was so not willing to do, but ended up getting an 'A' on! Not just an 'A', but 100%!
After that, i helped Lehua with the stuff right before I went to Erika's work, a Mac lab on campus. The plan was just to watch a movie, or so i was told. We walked in and there was a tower of mini chocolate donughts with 24 candles and Erika. Suddenly, about 15 of my good freinds on campus showed up. They were really well hidden. I thought there was no way they could be hidding in that small of a room. They sang, i blew out the candles, and got gifts. It really, really made me feel good. I made a speach and everybody made me feel like a star. It really was MY day. Talk about redemption. That was truly the best b-day gift ever. Then, they said they got a movie that i would like. they couldnt find "army of darkness" (my favorite move), but one that is just about as good. then i saw a DVD menu for a moive made for me. It was a slide show with some cool thoughts about me and a song i love "Take a Picture" by Filter. I So did not see that one comming. It was such a cool thing. And it was touching. No tears, but i could have...
I was having quite a funk, and felt that I would not enjoy my day at all. It turned out to be a GREAT birthday.
So, now i sit at a Mac at Erika's work as we watch Better Off Dead, which for once in a long time, I don't think is the case for me right now.
I didnt have to see what life would be like without me. I didnt need to have my wife and kids around, nor parents or siblings, neices or nephews. I just had to have some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I wine and moan my fair amount, but at the risk of sounding corny...It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: