Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Fall Bawl...

It's that time of year again when all of the girl Hales have an activity for the girls that didn't get asked and the guys hang out saying, "Girls suck, man!" because they are home. This is the minority as many are going. I have gone a few times and also missed an equal amount. This year I am not going. I did just break up with Anna recently. I could go with her, which I thought about doing, but I don't think a date like that is good for a couple that had just broken up. I could have asked another girl, but it's tacky to have a date right after you break up, so I didn't take that route either. Instead I am sitting in a computer lab whining about it.

This year, to break up the monotony, I thought it would be more interesting to do this MadLib style so my sorry story could be used to help others explain why they didn't go as well. When you think about it, they do all have the basic same concepts. Here we go!


INSTRUCTIONS: Fill out the appropriate blanks as fitting. When complete, copy and paste into your blog, journal, or other record keeping method of choice. You may wish to print a blank copy out as it can be reused for future dances.


Well, it's time for ________(season)___________ ___________(type of event, ie: Ball, Dance, Invitational, Briss, etc.)_________ again. _______Unfortunatly/Fortunatly________ I won't be going this year. I was thinking about going with ______(casual friend)_________ but then I thought, "If I am going to go this time, I want to go with someone that I really would be ______(emotion)_____ to go with. What if I were to ask ________(the person you know you really want to go with)__________? Then I day dreamed while in ___________(subject)____________ about what it would be like to go with ____him/her_____. I thought I should at least ask, the worst that could happen is that ____he/she_____ says no. But what if ____he/she_____ does say yes? What then? How will I act? How can I make the conversation comfortable and not awkward silence? Do I even know ____him/her_____ that well? Who will we group with? I guess that if I ask that means I will pay. Is going Dutch too cheap? Do I really want to go with ________(the person you know you really want to go with)__________ after all? I don't know if I could even look ____him/her_____ in the eye anymore if ____he/she_____ said no. And what do we say when we pass each other in the hall in the days leading up to the ________(season)___________ ___________(type of event, ie: Ball, Dance, Invitational, Briss, etc.)_________? Do I say, "hi" or move up to talking about ________(subject)___________ instead?

O.K., too many questions for me to deal with. So, I didn't ask ________(the person you know you really want to go with)__________ after all. I'm not a ________(coward, wimp, etc.)__________ I just thought it'd be more fun to go with a friend or in a group. Then I realized that I spent too much time deciding on whether or not to ask ________(the person you know you really want to go with)__________. I decided to ask ______(casual friend)_________ like I originally planned. But then to my horror, ____he/she_____ was already asked! What was I supposed to do then? I thought about others to ask, like ______(that person who sits at our table)_________ or ______(the friend in our group that has dated everyone else in the group)_________ or ______(the cute friend with no mental cohesiveness)_________ or ______(the one that laughs at everything even when it's not funny)_________ or even ______(the friend that is obviously just trying to get married, will date anyone that will let 'em and thinks that a dance is akin to a marriage proposal)_________. I could always go with ______(friend that you know has had a crush on you for some time but you weren't interested so you just ignored the situation)_________. It was a safe bet, but that would be sending the wrong message.

OK. I decided to just ask ______(friend that you know never gets asked and would never say no)_________. There is no way ____he/she_____ would say no. But ____he/she_____ said no. ____He/She_____ said ____he/she_____ was busy or had some other plans or something. I'm not sure as all that I heard was ______(the way that you impersonate the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons)_________ after I got the "No". That was the day before the ________(season)___________ ___________(type of event, ie: Ball, Dance, Invitational, Briss, etc.)_________. Now it's the day of the ________(season)___________ ___________(type of event, ie: Ball, Dance, Invitational, Briss, etc.)_________ and unless and act of ________(your chosen diety)___________ happens, I'll be sitting at home alone eating ________(your comfort food)___________ out of the ________(type of container it is purchased in)___________ watching ________(the movie you have seen a number of times, usually when you are depressed even if it only makes you more depressed)___________. How does anyone ever enjoy these things? I give up! I should have just asked ________(the person that you know you really want to go with)____________.


Download the PDF file here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious and I hope it makes its way around the internet.

joe

p.s. no you don't know me, I happened to come across your blog while looking on google images for a picture of dates (the edible kind - long story) and scrolled down...