Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Cleanliness Is Next To Hunger...

I am a busy man. I think the shocker to many is not the word "busy", but "man". That insult aside, I am serious. This last week has been filled with work, programs, homework, tests, work, chores, work, of course, the emotional rollercoaster rides involving girls to add perverbial icing.

In spite of my angst, I have been able to keep myself witty as ever. I always hate anouncing that as it envokes the most critical eye in anyone to prove me wrong. I do think, however, that I might survive being put to that test. I hear a good opportunity and I just cannot let it go. Yesterday I was in Stats and we were all complaining about how usless that course was for us. The teacher came to the conlcusion that it was good for us regardless of our future vocation as it makes us "well-rounded". The guy sitting in front of me said, "I am glad I came to your class to become well-rounded."

I can't let that go so easy. "Believe me, you were pretty well rounded by the time you walked into this class." I figure that since he is about as overweight as me, I can get away it.

Later at lunch I found myself sitting with JD and Summer. Summer announced that she was ready to leave becuase our guy talk was too much for her. I started to let my mouth speak before my mind approved.

"Well, that's good. Now JD and I can talk about breasts." I have learned that this is one subject that most boys on campus shy away from and girls talk adimatly about in public. Summer, whom is an A-cup at best, was not an exception.

"Ya, I don't think that I want to be here for that."

"Why would you? It's pretty clear that you have nothing to contribute." Again, being the same size (cup, that is) I felt it was a justified comment. I got punched but I also got laughs. It was worth it.


Another part of being busy is missing meals or sacking meals. I had to sack dinner to fit all that I had to do today in. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my old friends the corn dogs again. It must have been the first time this whole semester that we had them available for sacking. I was glad to have 4 sitting in wait in my freezer for missed dinner days.

Today was one of those days. I grabed some chips, water and headed to the fridge. But, lo, it was clean! How very nice! Wait...clean...that sounds too easy. What is the cost? Where is the catch? I checked. My three remaining chocolate eggs from Germany were snug. I had 2 cans of juice still chilling. I was missing a cold water, but I can let one go. Fhew! I guess it was a false alarm. I just casually opened up the freezer to extract two corn dogs for dinner and...uh...WHAT!!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE MY CORN DOGS?! D'oh!

It's off to work for me to spend 6+ long hungry hours in a cold lab.
"Dancing away my hunger pangs. Moving my feet so my stomach won't hurt..."
- Homer Simpson from Hungry Hunger Homer (March 4, 2001)

No comments: