Friday, August 12, 2005

Ahem...Where are my royalties...?

Well, they have finally made a movie based on my life. No, not "Dukes of Hazard". Not "Harry Potter". It's far from "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo". It's called "The 40 Year-Old Virgin". Well, the age was fibbed because 40 rolled off of the tongue easier than 25. I argued that 25 was a good round number and I wanted to keep it more accurate.

The thing that really disturbs me about this movie is that even though it's about me, I can't go see it. It's obviously rated "R" and I image for good reasons. What a shame that I won't be able to see a movie that's all about me. That must be how Christ felt when Mel Gibson did the same thing to Him. And I bet not one cent of the profits went to Him either.

6 comments:

BH said...

Oh cool. Any chance of us getting a pirated copy in Malaysia? :P

Kelsey said...

is that blasphemy? *laughing....you are hilarious. and ok you act like this is a bad thing. pysco!

Trouble-maker said...

Did you steal my idea??? Or in your way, am I inspired you for this post again?

a man from Saipan said...

I can relate. Oh, wait I tried, but no: I can't relate.

I am sure it is not that bad though. Think of all the good stuff you have learned in the process.

stubz said...

I kind of wished it weren't R too. But then again I'm sure there are a lot of stupid things that I don't want to see in the movie even if it were PG-13. I'm trying to overcome the whole, "I can't see it" and be more like "I don't want to see it". It's pretty bad when we think our religion is restricting us when in reality we can do whatever we want.

Jared said...

Very kind Dawn, thanks for the perspective.

And good input from you, Micahp. It's always nice to see a new face say something worth the pixels.