Monday, October 13, 2008

Hijacked...

I can't believe it. I've been hijacked. No, not my car or air plane. My website, JaredBodine.com! I'm not very thrilled. If you check it out now you'll see what I mean. I still haven't quite figured out the extent of the damage, but I know they've wiped away all of the photos from my site, and who knows what else. I'll have to rebuild my site now. Ick. I'm getting tired of html development.

Anyway, since I'm sure this post will last longer I'll post a screen shot of what it looks like so when I fix my site, you'll get to see what I'm talking about.

A screen shot of what my hacked website looked like



Believe it or not, this is quite common these days. I've been reading about this. The Arab nation isn't the only place these people are coming from, either. And there's not much I could do about it. My hosting server was hacked, not my user account, so I probably should have some choice words with my hosts.

Anyway, be vigilant if you own a site. And make sure you have the whole site backed up, so you can just copy it back when this kind of stuff happens.

Looks like I'll be back to the drawing board...

No comments: