Saturday, February 19, 2005

Plato, Socrates, Eat Your Hearts Out...

In life man always strives to understand deep meanings and to comprehend the great mysteries of life. Once in a while, I make startling discoveries that are so profound that I have to pinch myself just to make sure that I have not transcended to another plain.

While sitting in Biology gaining a more complex knowledge of DNA and inheritance of genes, I made a comment so worthy of notice that a silent hush fell over the minds of all that heard it.
"Look, why do we go to bed? Because our body is tired of being awake. So I propose that we only wake up when our bodies are tired of sleep."


What an astonishing realization to come upon! No wonder why I am always tired! I have been doing it wrong. My whole philosophy on sleep was out of whack! Unfortunately, due to the requirements of my previous commitments with work and school I will be unable to live up to my credo of sleep. Nonetheless, I can hope to perpetuate this strange and new enlightenment to others.

Fellow brothers and sisters, don't hit that snooze button any more! I say, Nay! Toss those alarm clocks out for good! If you are tired, go to bed. If you are done sleeping, wake up. It's something that sounds so simple yet is so hard to follow in our modern rushing whirlwind we call life.

I shall start on this quest by and by as my schedule permits. I am inclined to start this tomorrow as church starts at 8AM. I suppose for the time being I must be a hypocrite and ask that others simply do as I say and not as I do. But rest assured that come this summer you will find me prostrate on my back for a good 12 hours a day or more. That is a promise I intend to keep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Might as well do it while you can, because once your married, you will have almost no chance to ever do it again.