Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just As Bad...

It's official, I have really got to sharpen my skills. By that I mean in relation to the opposite sex.

Today I was hanging out in my chapel's foyer talking with a girl in my ward. I decided a long time ago that I needed to get myself out more and date. I have been thinking of girls I would like to ask out. This girl I was talking to was one of the girls that I thought would be fun to ask out but I never got around to asking yet.

While in our conversation she mentioned that she only gets asked about once a month or so. This sounded like as good as a time as any to ask. I asked her what she was doing this Saturday. At first she thought I might have just been saying it as a joke. Then she thought I was just doing it as if I felt obligated to due to our subject of discussion. I tried to let her know that I was asking also because I wanted to, not because I felt she needed it.

"Oh, you're not just asking me because I said I don't get asked out much?"

"Oh, no, I need this just as bad as you do...er..."

By then it was too late. I had just turned an honest attempt at a fun date into an awkward silence. JD was there and he tried to bail me out.

"Well, Jared has been off his game for a while. You have to excuse him."

He's not wrong!

I think I should ask more girls out just to get into my goove. Or, maybe I should take some classes. All I know is that when I ask girls out, regardless of my intention, the sad truth is that I don't need it just as bad as them...I need it MUCH more.

8 comments:

a man from Saipan said...

Keep trying. Let me know if you need any tutoring or even pointers.

E.Marie said...

ohh keep trying you can do it. I think i might just be a little young and optimistic but hey whatever. Better then being like a certatin sis of mine. MWAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Hey man you won this one. Regardless of bad techinque.

Rossie said...

Oh my. Well, I've heard worse. A guy once asked my sister out by saying 'Yeah, I'm arrogant, I don't care either. I'll pick you up at seven.'
Such a nice young man.

Anonymous said...

It's ok Jared.
There are millions cute girls out there. When your time comes, there will be one
waiting for you. NO needs to worry about the only one.

Rusch said...

Hang in there. She'lle come along.

Jared said...

I should probably let you know that reguardless we are still going out this Saturday night. She is nice enough to understand a blunder when she sees one.

Anonymous said...

Practice makes perfect! I am so excited for you! Just be you! Who cares if you are asking a girl out and it sounds smooth or planned out. She's going to say yes or no, know matter how good your "will you" question is. The guys I was most interested were the guys who were themselves. Honestly my husband is not the guy I thought I would end up with by looks alone. Don't get me wrong, I think he's the sexiest man alive but he has always been himself from day one. I didn't go out with him the first time just based on his looks or how smooth his asking me out sounded. He's a nice and good guy. So keep it up and you'll be asking the BIG "will you" question sooner than later. Love ya!