Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Blog Post 75!!!

Welcome to my 75th blog post! I'd like to thank all the little people. First, Wendy Hayes, whom first told me about blogs and gave me the motivation to start one of my own. Second, to Fei, whom supplied enough drama in my life to spur me on enough with content. And of course, you, the loyal fans...both of you...

If you would like to “join the team” please make sure to read the last paragraph of this blog entry!

Well, that's about it for content...what more did you want?

Look, I'm pretty busy these days. (But not TOO busy to post new blogs.)

I have got so many balls in the air I have to make a schedule just to know where I should be and when. If you see white on my schedule, rest assured I'm probably somewhere else doing something.

One thing that does not get listed is the movie Shem is making that I'm in. I like doing it. It really is quite fun. Shem will be leaving soon and will therefore be needing to Finnish filming. This means that many free hours have to be spent working on this. I have the "lead" role meaning that I am in most scenes. Shem spends far more time working on this than I do, so I have nothing on him.

Other "white space" infractions come from my duties as an RA. For example, last Friday night, I wasn't playing, I was working in the office. This Saturday I will be in the office all day (literally) as well. Today, I get off work at 7, when I was going to go to dinner and then make it to my 8:00pm appointment. Hale mom informs us (with a note left on our doors) that we are to have a meeting today at 7, thus killing my hopes of eating before the caf closes at 8. C'et Lavie (I failed French in 9th grade...)

When I am in the Hale working, it's not so bad, but I can't get much done. If I try to study or work on a project, I get interrupted every 5 min spoiling any bottled up concentration I had. Same goes for my time spent as a tutor.

I signed on knowing I would be the tutor for the basic IS (Information Systems) classes. I wasn't made aware that I would be teaching IS190L and IS290L. Those classes are basically just learning how to use Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. This class gets people who know nothing of computers but have to take it for a business or accounting major. They ALWAYS have a special tutor for just that as that class needs it. I guess they went cheap in the Spring as it's just me.

I spend 99% of my time with people who don't know the most basic ideas or concepts. If they are taught something and just have no clue the next day. I know, it's not always easy, but come on! When I say, "Just hit 'Delete'. The key 'Delete'. Just hit it." you think they'd get it. Instead they fiddle with the mouse, look around the "File Edit View" toolbars.
"DELETE!!! ITS JUST ONE STUPID LITTLE BUTTON THAT YOU HIT 53,459,456 TIMES ALREADY TRYING TO TYPE A SINGLE SENTENCE!!! JUST HIT DELETE!!!"

Some times I just want to put on my best Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation, "I'm not a tutor. I'm not a tutor."

And I still have to try to make time for my classes, homework and study time. The worst of my classes is the EXS 129 Exercise class. At least it's the online version. Regardless, I have to work out for at least 20 min a day. I cant even do fun stuff, like play racquet ball or fast dancing or stuff like that. It's considered to be anaerobic and not aerobic. I have to do constant non-stop stuff like running, bicycling, or swimming for 20 straight min or more. I now wake up earlier in the morning to do this as I can not get the time later in the day.

So there, now you know why my blogs have been and will continue to be farther apart and maybe less funny or well thought out as before. (I know, "They were thought out?")


Anyone wanting to write an editorial piece or guest column would be welcomed. Please submit all work to me@jaredbodine.com. Once reviewed, you will be published and rewarded based on the quality and content. We at “Lost In Laie” would be excited and willing to have you be part of our team!

No comments: