Friday, July 22, 2005

Horray For Hollywood...

Hollywood Sidewalk and Anna
Hollywood anna

After I published my "Magic Mountian" post at my Aunt's, Anna and I left to grand ole Hollywood. We used Mapquest to get to Grauman's Chinese Theater. This is the famous theater where stars leave hand and foot prints in the concrete as well as where movies premier. The new "War of the Worlds" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" debuted there. Since it's an old theater it makes sence that old rehashed movies premiere there.

Grauman's Chinese Theater - Anna Close

Grauman's Chinese Theater


On the way we got rerouted due to an award show going on. It was only the ESPY's, so no one, including the stars in attendance, could care any less. We got past the road blocks and saw all of the stars in the sidewalk that we could stand. I will only post a small sample here.

Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Ray Charles

I'm like a white Ray Charles


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Marlyn Monroe and me

I didn't have a skirt, but I rolled my shorts up a bit - does that count?


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Tom Cruise

Man! Even his star gets more chicks than me!


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Liberace

If only I had some of Liberace's famous outfits, too!


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Pee Wee Herman

This picture looks more effective if you picture me with white platform shoes on.


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Dolly Parton

Unfortuantly, I was more well equipted to pose for this picture than Anna.


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Arnuld Swartz and Anna

Just look at those famous Govenator guns she sports!


Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Anna's Star

Ok, we found an "Anna" star, but we never found mine. I feel so jiped.




While walking around we saw the "Hollywood" sign on the hill and the intersection of Hollywood and Vine. We took many pictures of everything. While gawking at the Chinese Theater Anna saw a Mickey Mouse dressed up as a Jedi. We were going to Disneyland the next day so she had Mickey on the mind. She got a pic then the guy wanted to take one with me. I didn't want one so much, but he insisted. When he leaned next to me for the picture he whispered to me, "Hey, I usually pose for tips, is that OK?" I knew it. I should have said, "Hey, I usually don't pay people to take pictures with me, is that OK?" I gave the guy a few bucks.
Mickey and Me


Then a guy who looked like he was panhandleing asked me if I wanted some free tickets to the Late Late Show. I did, but they were not filming until too late. I also got offered ticked to The Jimmy Kimmel Show. Makes me want to go back.

As we were walking back to our car I could tell that Anna was slightly dissapointed. I'm sure she was expecting some glitz and glitter. There was grease and gutters, though. After all of this, we were definatly ready for Disneyland!
Hollywood Sidewalk Stars - Walt Disney

Next stop: Disneyland!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah my husband took me to Hollywood a few years ago and I was so disapointed when we got there that I didn't even get out of the car. He was mad that we drove all that way but I was looking for something like Rodeo Drive. I just couldn't belive how trashy and dirty Hollywood was. All I saw was what I could see from our car driving down the steet. I'm such a party pooper!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and one more thing, I hope this dosen't hurt your feelings but Anna's boobs are bigger than yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Mickey Mouse dressed as a Jedi. Blasphemous! He should be sued, and then beatent to a mousy pulp with his own fake lightsaber, until that breaks at which point he should be beaten by his own foam head.
Otherwise, fun pictures.

Anonymous said...

i miss y ou guys

Anonymous said...

Hey, JD... good to hear that you are still alive, after having 3 jobs.I miss you too. Actually I did ask Jared to MAKE you go with us. Oh well, i wish i could go to Alaska too. When you will come back? Soon? I cannot wait to see you though. Bring me some snow, Alaska snow, OK?
Anna