Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Oh, Oh, Oh, It's Magic, You Know...

I spent the day yesterday at Magic Mountain Six Flags in California. My guest was Anna. This was her first time going on a rollercoaster of any kind. So starting at Magic Mountain was a good start.

We arrived first at "Goliath". I wasn't aware that the ride goes up to 90 miles an hour down hill. Neither was she. She was screaming non stop. I just kept hearing this loud repetitive noise in the distance. For a time I thought that we were being followed by an ambulance. Once we arrive I had to pry Anna's eyes back open. We then went to "Batman: The Ride". The line was so short we literally walked right on to the ride. And I'm glad we did. Any time she saw the ride before she got on she would psyche herself out so much that I had to pick her up and put her on the ride.

When on "The Riddler's Revenge" I had to help her out. On this ride you stand. You have a bicycle style seat under your legs that moves up and down to adjust to your height. Anna is so light that she didn't weigh enough to push the seat down. I had to push her down until they locked the seat. When we were on the ride she made noises that reminded me of MiniMe from Austin Powers when he gets blown into space. If you have seen it, you know what I mean.

We went on a few more easier rides for a while and then watched the new Batman action show. It was not just cheesy, it was horrible. Were all of those action shows this bad when I was a kid? I sure was jipped easily when I was a kid. Anyway, at least they had a reasonably decent looking Batmobile.

After that we used Mapquest to find the way back to my aunt's place in Barstow California. It should have only take about 1 and 1/2 hours but I think it routed us through Spokane because it took a lot longer than that. Right now I am at my aunt's house using her new laptop and eating a good home cooked breakfast getting ready for a day of dropping sweat on star's names down Hollywood Blvd.

If I ever get a chance to post some pics for you I will. Tomorrow: Disneyland!!!

2 comments:

Davey From The Block said...

How was Disneyland?

E.Marie said...

Goliath as her first rollar coaster!!! that is cruel. but lots of fun that park.