Saturday, July 23, 2005

Vacation Interlude...How Gay Am I...?

I know that I am in the middle of a travel log, but I had to interupt for this fine bit of blog fodder. I got one of those spoof emails today. It was similar to the ones that say that someone has died related to you in Pakistan and all you have to do is send half of you life's earnings and you get millions of dollars. I have only met one person that fell for that, and none of us who knew was that supprised.

This one is of a different vein:

Dear Sir,
I am Zulfiqar Ali From PAKISTAN.sir I like gay.but my country is not like to gay.But sir i am not a rich man i am very very poorman.Can you help me and sponsor me sir.Sir Are you like i am to like i am not minde sir.plz sir help me.plz believe. I wish that . I give you love so much,You have never in imagine.I am all over life is you and your family and your company and your country is very very thanks ful sir.plz plz plz.
Zulfiqar Ali


The phonly dialect is so annoying I would not have even finnished reading it if it wasn't so amusing. The question begs: What the heck makes this guy think that I would be interesting in giving a guy some money on the merits of being gay alone?

I guess I should go down this road. Why do people think I am gay? This is not the first time that I have had this issue. The problem isn't that I am wavering on my morals, but everyone else seems to be wavering on mine.

In high school I was horrible when it came to getting any girls. My best friend once asked me, "Seriously, though, you're not gay, right?"

A year later an aquantance asked a friend of mine when I was "going to come out of the closet?"

When I first came to school at BYUH a closet homosexual made subtle implications to wanting to know if I was also homo and in the closet. I made no question about it.

There have been other occasions of accusations, but that is all that I will share for now. If there is any doubt, I invite any of you to ask my ex's. They can tell you how "gay" I am. Still, what is it about me that makes people seriously wonder if I am gay? Am I too in touch with my feminine side? I'm pretty sure it's not my fashion sense. It's not my grooming habits. I only started scrapbooking two months ago, so that ain't it. What is it?

Any information from anyone would be interesting. Also, what do you think? Should I give this gay pakastani money? I'm teedering on this one...

5 comments:

Rusch said...

You seem more new york jewish then gay to me. There is a distinction and some just fail to make it.

a man from Saipan said...

Very nice, you could at least forward it to some of your other close friends that might be a bit more charitable.

Shaleen said...

First off, there was no way I could have ever thought you were gay...and I've got an excellent gaydar (I base this on the fact that I'm accurate at least 98% of the time, give or take like 100 : p ). : p And you're right, fashion alone should tip people off. J/K babe. Ok, enough of that. As for the Pakistani, I agree with Monkey Boy on that one. ^_^ Love ya much!!

Anonymous said...

hey buddie dont worry i wont tell
J/K
actualy i think in todays world if a guy doesnt cus a lot and act like a jerk people think he is gay.
i think lds people are acused of being gay more frequently cuz we are just in genral nice guys and we do spend a lot of time talking about feelings on our mission so there yah go. were sensative or somthing.

jd

Anonymous said...

It's because people think you've got to be a girl or least gay to have the amount of attitude you've got, and I mean that in a very good way.