Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Good Sign of a Bad Day...

Ah, a good sign of a bad day. Last night, I was testing to see if some files on my computer were corrupted by attempting to play them. I started a movie "Billy Maddison". My roommate saw that and thought i was starting to watch it. So, I let it run while i took a shower and got ready for bed. I couldn't use the computer for my journal writing or email or homework, so i laid on my bed and watched it too. I fell asleep (i was tired). I came to just as the credits were rolling. I shut it all down and went to bed. I woke up at 7:50am on my own power. I realized that i forgot to set my alarm. Seeing how i have a class at 8, this makes things difficult. The good thing about living on campus is that it literally takes 2 min from bed to seat in class. I got dressed quickly and was in the good ole' GCB 140. I sat down and looked at the guy next to me. It was the guy who I home taught with last semester. Was he in my class? I never saw him before. I spoke up. "So, you're in my class?" "I think you're in MY class." It was CS201, it was Bro. Colton in the front of the classroom. But i checked my schedule just to make sure. Yup, that was the right class, at 11am. So i realized at 8 i was supposed to be in the classroom right next door, GCB150. Ahw. I quickly ran over there to find that they were engaged in a fun looking quiz. I took one from the teacher and sat down. Once we finished, he said, "This quiz was more of a way to see who would be on time. If you were on time, give yourselves an 'A', otherwise, a 'B'." I don't think my poor story will help me any.
Besides that, classes are just like usual. Pointless and filled with busy work. Ironically, most of my work is also filled with busy work. Today my dorm mom must be busy herself. She hasn't come in to find stupid little things for me to do yet. I shouldn't type that, I'm sure she can sense complacently from a mile.
The other night, I was working the night shift which should end by midnight. With five min to go, Mom walks in and asks that we go through the entire list, which is about 200 boys. When it is well past midnight-15, i ask if i can go since i have an exercise class at 7am and i work the morn shift. By 12:30, i was finally getting ready for bed.

No comments: