Thursday, September 04, 2003

Heaven Is...

There is a catchy song on the soundtrack to "Malcom In The Middle" (my favorite half-hour comedy, non-cartoon) called "heaven is a half-pipe". Today, i learned that to be false. The truth is, heaven is sleeping until you wake up on your own free will. I did that today. I was supposed to wake up at 6am and get ready for my lame exercise class where I was to run a mile and a half. But last night i ran into Jayce (J.C.). She opened up my eyes, i saw the sign. She is taking the internet version of it. It is 2 credits, not just the one i get, and she doesn't have to go to class 2 times a week. She doesn't have to meet with the class to play stupid mandatory games and she don't have to run the lame mile and a half. She has the same tests i do, and still is supposed to do the same workout journal. Over all, it boils down to this: she has less work and less exercise, more free time and more credit for it. Sign me up! Alas, too late to sign up for that class. So what? I'm just going to drop that lame class and have one less credit. It's only loosing one stupid credit that takes up 2 class periods a week and 20 min of working out every day. How can that be only one credit? So this morning. I woke up on my own free will at 7:18am. I looked at those red pulsating LDC lines that make up the number and let out a sigh of relief. Then, I knew bliss once again as i slowly rolled back over, turning my face on my imitation quartz time piece, and hit the 'snooze' in my head...

No comments: