Monday, September 08, 2003

"I have people skills [darnit]. I am good at dealing with people! Don't you understand that!? What the hell's wrong with you people!?" - Guy who gets fired in "Office Space"

Oh, a plethora of good stuff to wirte about today.

Last night, I was sitting in my hale (ha-lay) lounge watching what appeared to me to be as a new episode of "Futurama". I thnk it's a pretty cleaver show. So, half way thru this odd looking guy (basically looks like the mongolian version of my Bro in law, Mike) sits right down next to me. We are in MY lounge. He has his own. He knows no one in my lounge, including me. I guess you have to understand that I have the natural ability to attract the weirdest of the wierd folk. So he then askes me the plot. If you have ever seen Futurama, you know how the plots can be pretty difficult to explain, let alone to a guy that barley speaks english. He dosent get it, so i just tell him a nice lie to get him quiet. Then he would hear a word and ask me what it was. Amy was putting on nail polish and he asked, "What is Pole-ish." "A race of stupid people...but she's applying crud on her fingers..."
Next thing i know he is delving into all of his personal life. Did it make sence? No. Was it interesting? No. Was it even in english? Maybe.
I was getting tired of it when my show was over, i hadnt seen a bit of it since he came in, and now i realized it had been one hour without any peace and quiet. So, I then take my cell phone and send a text message to Lamb to call me. He dosent. So i send a text to Erika, she never misses a chance to call me. I got a text back saying that she was in a fireside and would call me later. D'oh. So, I thought about recording him. I have on min of this incoherent blabble. then i ramped it up and recorded him in video with my phone. It's some funny stuff.
Just as it has now passed an hour and a half, and i sunk into desperation and dispair, another foreiner from south korea walks by. This guy is just as bad. He calls me Jeremy. So I call him Donovan. I dont know what his name is, but untill he corrects me, i dont correct him. Donovan sits down and joins in the conversation. Joy! (how do you type sarchastic?) So I am now pinned between the 2. As I am about to submit to hopless bleak dispair for good and bid farwell to live, my phone rings! Lamb came thru!! "Oh, shoot! Sorry guys, I have to take this one. Hey." "Hey, whats so important." "What did you need?" "Uh, you called me." "Uh, ya, I think I do. Let me go check." "I think you've finally lost it." "Ya, it's in my room, let me go check." "Whatever."
So I hid in my room and rocked myself for fifteen min. I braved the cold outside to find that the box shaped mongolion had left, but Donovan was sticky. Cant shake him that easily. He then playes cruddy Korean music (brittney spears rip offs) and does me the favor of translating them. Worse than Backdoor Boys music. I look at my watch and grab a book. "Uh, gez, sorry, but it's getting sotra late and if i dont study now, i'll never do it." I had to be persistant, he wouldnt buy it otherwise. That didnt get him moving out of my lounge or away from my computer. So, I say, "well, i'm gona find a nice spot outside to read, you can stay in here if you like"
This was genious since it didnt matter what he did, i was free. As i step outside, it begins to poor rain. I dont care. I'm not going back for anyone. I walk to a nice covered bench, sit down and breathe. Then i open up my book to read, and the light above my head goes out...

No comments: