Saturday, September 06, 2003

If The Shoe Fits...

...wear it on your head...

So, it's saturday. I'm tired and at work. Two things i dont like. So, this is funny. I think i was a bit over confident when i wrote yesterday. I called the girl I was to go on a date with lastnight at 8:45, the time she was expecting and 15 min till it was time to go. She answered and said that she wanted to make tonight a "homework night" instead. Ya, right. I have no doubt in my mind that she meant it. It just means that she would rather spend Friday night at home in her room doing homework than hang out with me. Afterall, she is busy with all her many classes on SATURDAY so she cant just do her homework then!! I really didnt care that much for her anyway, but i was looking forward to getting out and doing something. say lavee. (I dont know french.)
So I went to the stuff anyway. I ran into Erika, Lisa, and Shem. the four of us have been haning out a bit lately.
We did talk of hanging out there while at lunch anyway, so i called a cell phone and met up with them. After doing the rock wall a couple of times and going head to head with Shem in the cool sumo suits (that was a great photo op), we went into the dance hall where i promptly ditched them for a change and left.
Oh, but wait, i forgot. While we were waiting to do the sumo thing, Shem was talking to Glen (the weird but cool hat guy on campus, no relation to wendy's hat guy) about auditions for the play. Apparently, Ferie, the director, had the list posted already. That was quick. He usually already has the cast picked anyway. Last play, he cast someone who didnt even try out. I dont think he cares about tryouts, but does them for show. Shem was speaking to Glen of the cast list posted as if he didnt know i had tried out too, or that i was even there...
Ya, he didnt want to mention it to me since i wasnt on the list. Here i thought I did the cool "rebel" thing and i didnt even get squat anyway. I should have stuck with the "i cant" excuse instead of the "i suck" one.
Either way, i went home last night thinking of how I was going to have a date finally and would probably be in a play against the housing's wishes and things were turning out OK after all. Nix. No date, no play, no big suprise. Let's see if today could get worse...

No comments: