Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Now THAT Is Love...

This quote is only about 6 months from before Sister Hinkley died. I have speculated at times that I was in love. Maybe I was. But it was pre-mature at best. Nothing as deep or profound as this:

"I am so grateful for her. For 66 years we have walked together, hand in
hand, with love and encouragement, with appreciation and respect. It cannot
be very long before one of us will step through the veil. I hope the other
will follow soon. I just would not know how to get along without her, even
on the other side, and I would hope that she would not know how to get
along without me."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, "To the Women of the Church," Ensign, Nov. 2003,
115)


I hope that right now Pres. Hinkley can carry on and that Sister Hinkley knows how.

No comments: