Sunday, December 24, 2006

Grandest Canyon of them All...

The big day came and went. Anna and I had our first night together as husband and wife and it will be the last time for a while that we get to sleep together.

So, because we had to fly out of Las Vegas to get back to Hawaii, we decided to try to see some more sights while we were at it. And what is there to see besides desert? First, Anna and her mom have never ever seen snow. Funny how we take things like that for granted. So, we needed to go to Flagstaff to play in the snow.

Yup, it’s just frozen water...


We cheated. Someone else made the snowman.



Afterwards, I realized that my work cell phone was missing. I must have lost it somewhere in that field of snow. I have never heard from my phone since. Well, phone, you were cheap and broken anyway. What man would have you now? Yet, I don’t think you earned your fate. I will offer a moment of silence for you now.

(Silence)

Ok, that’s enough of that. Back to our trip. What else is there to do in a big ‘ole desert besides play in snow? Well, how about a hole? But this is the grand daddy of holes, the Grand Canyon.



Don’t get too impressed. We only walked about 5 minutes into the canyon to say that we did it.



I always felt that just pictures don’t quite capture the moment like being there. So the next best step is video. For your viewing pleasure, feel free to download some short video clips.


Download: Anna’s first step into snow.


Download: Anna’s mom gets scared of the cliff.

We made it to the airport with plenty of free time. So much in fact, that I had time to blog. So, next step we are on our honeymoon with my mother-in-law. And there will likely be more pictures than you can shake a stick at! Maui, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you and your woman are very happy. I looked at your pictures and I saw honest happiness between you two. I don't know you but may you two always be blessed with happiness, children and lots of money thru your long years together...