Monday, December 18, 2006

Viva Las Vegas...

Due to our late decision to go to Arizona for the wedding, finding a ticket was difficult. So, We (Anna, her mom, and I) had to fly into Las Vegas, Nevada. Anna had been there once before, I’ve been there a number of times, but her mom had never been in the U.S. let alone Vegas. So, we decided to make the most of the event.

Thanks to my parents time share, we were hooked up with a nice two bedroom suite in Vegas. Unfortunately, since Anna and I are not married yet, we had to sleep in separate rooms. And we will be at my parent’s house or in other situations where we will not get to share a bed until we are back in Guam well into 2007! :-(

Nonetheless, I wanted to get the most out of Vegas. Due to the fun of plane delays that one can expect, we got to bed late. We left Hawaii late. When we got in, there was still a plane at our gate that was broken down. Rather than let us out at another gate, they made us wait behind it. Then they announced that we would have to wait almost an hour for the plane to get fixed. Why not just tow the other plane out? Who knows? That’s they way airports like to make your life as close to hell as they can. Somebody accidentally moved the plane, to the chagrin of his superior, I’m sure, so we got to get off the plane.

We got the rental car and Anna and her mom had their first taste of real winter air. They were freezing. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. They made me wear a scarf because they assumed that since they were so cold, I had to be cold too.

It's much colder than it looks in the pic



We finally check into the suite at about 2:30am. We woke up early the next day to get as much of Vegas in as we could.

My Mother-in-laws first and last gambling experience. There goes a dollar we'll never see again.



There's not much to do at the Coke factory, so we took pics with the bear.



Anna...



...and the King!



Et Tu, Brutis...er, Ceaser?





As far as they knew, this was the real Statue Of Liberty. I should have said it was to make it more cool for them.



At the end of the evening, we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Beautiful, but it was so cold that even I was cold!



We walked almost the entire strip. We walked from our hotel, a bit off the strip, to Excalibur and down to Circus Circus and back. Poor Anna was so tired I had to carry her some of the way back to the hotel. Her mom on the other hand, she was ready to keep marching. She could walk all day and never tire. I guess the American lifestyle that Anna became accustomed to also made her weaker... (nothing personal honey, I still love you).

We retired again in the suite (again in separate rooms *sigh*) and woke early this morning to see the Luxor before we drive to Arizona. We have a long day drive ahead of us and we have a lot to do before we get married next week. Next week already? Yikes! I really need to stop blogging and get going.

No comments: