Saturday, December 16, 2006

With Highest Honor...

I once boasted about graduating Magna Cum Laude, but now I am being upstaged by fiancée (I’m still getting used to saying that). My fiancée (I’m going to say that as much as I can while I can) graduated Suma Cum Laude!

We used to compete with each other for grades, but now that it’s all said and done, she has won. Well, I wouldn’t want it any other way. The only thing I can't figure out is why someone so smart would want to get married to me. I guess I better not ask too many questions and jinx myself.

I was so excited to see my fiancée graduate that I was awake very early in the morning. Well, the excitement, and the fact that I slept in the back of a compact hatchback car. I picked up my fiancée and we went to get some breakfast in the caf. Hopefully our last trip there. Then I helped her get ready. No I didn’t dress her (not that it didn't cross my mind). But she did need help to get the robe on right and fit well.

I arrived at the CAC (Cannon Activities Center) where graduation was to take place. The door was open and people were moving around, but no one was there to ask me for a ticket, so I just helped myself. Then I got kicked out. Then I got back in and sat down. Then I was told that I was too close and that the row I was in was for special needs. I told them that I needed to see my fiancée on her special day. That wasn't special enough.

So I moved back a row or two and made that my home. Then a few minutes later, my fiancée’s mother and friends came in and since they are older, they sat in the special needs. So, since I was in the same party, and I no longer needed the seats that I saved for them, I joined them. Minutes later, they decided that sitting with my future mother-in-law was not special enough either. So, I had to move again, but my previous seat had been filled, so I had to try to fight to get another seat. After that, I gave up on moving and I planted myself down with my camera never to get up again. Of course, two minutes later, two girls my age jumped into seats in the special needs section and they were welcomed to stay the remainder of the ceremony...

I took pictures and video, but this was the first time I was using a new camera, so, if the pics don’t look wonderful, let’s blame it on a new camera.

My fiancée getting ready



My fiancée coming in



My fiancée's mother and friend



My fiancée and her mom post-graduation



My fiancée and her proud fiancé



After all was said and done, I couldn’t be any more proud of my fiancée. Her exciting times are just about to begin. This is truly commencement for her. She was baptized last week. Then graduated today, and now, she is getting married to me in another week. Two weeks after that, she will be living with me in Guam. That’s a lot for a month’s period. Tomorrow we fly off to Las Vegas. No, not to elope. Although with all of the wedding headache I’ve already incurred, it sounds like a great idea. We had to fly there because we couldn’t get anything into Phoenix. So, we are making the most of my fiancée’s mother’s first trip to America full force. After a day or two in Vegas, we drive to Phoenix. Here we go on the longest “vacation” in my life.

Oh, and in case I haven't said it enough yet this post, I have a fiancée.

fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée fiancée.

Ah, that's better. Now that "fiancée" is out of my system, I can start getting used to saying "wife"...

1 comment:

Fei said...

Hey, did you know:

fiancé: A man to whom a woman is engaged to be married.

fiancée: A woman to whom a man is engaged to be married.

If the above definition is true, what terminology do same-sex couples use?